Saturday 4 July 2015

Professional Social Media Networks [Activity 8]

Twitter and Facebook have been most beneficial to my professional development.

Facebook has allowed me to connect with teachers across New Zealand through the NZ Teachers page.  I have found this more beneficial than other social platforms as it is easy to use and updated regularly.  The ease of use is also due to the fact that I use Facebook for personal and I have found that this also one of the reasons why other teachers find it so easy to share the resources through this page.  This keeps me engaged outside of school hours. Through this page I have also been able to connect to other teachers through their blogs that they have shared and gain access to a separate web page which has been created solely as a resource bank which collates all resources that have been shared through the page.

Twitter has been a great way of extending my professional network.  I have access to educators across the globe as well instant updates for professional development events.  Last year I attended my the first #EdChatNZ (twitter based) conference which was held due to popular demand and has led to #SciChatNZ and #EngChatNZ which are regular chat events where discussion is based on educational needs in these areas.


No comments:

Post a Comment